Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Campaign Manager or Political Director
Salary Range: $4.5k – $5.5k/mo depending on experience
To Apply: Send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Political Director”
About the Position:
Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is searching for a Deputy Political Director to join a growing team. The Deputy Political Director is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, elected officials, partners, allies, and local grassroots organizations and leaders across an assigned region in North Carolina
The Deputy Political Director reports directly to the Political Director, but will also work closely with other staff in equivalent roles across all campaign departments to ensure the campaign is capitalizing on its needs across communications, finance, and digital.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Engage and connect with stakeholders across their assigned region in North Carolina.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining coalition groups across the state
- Statewide coalition groups to be divided amongst the Deputy Political Directors
- Organize and build events, meetings, and other opportunities – both in person and virtually – for the candidate to meet with potential supporters, endorsers, and partners.
- Often in collaboration with other departments
- Act as a surrogate on behalf of the campaign/candidate
- Recruit and develop a regional network of surrogates and supporters who can take part in campaign activities, both with and on behalf of the campaign/candidate.
- Organize early grassroots and voter contact events and activities
- Write and create briefing materials for political meetings and events
- Regularly staff the candidate at meetings and events across the state
- Other duties as assigned by Political Director
- 1-2 years of applicable experience with campaigns or equivalent experience with a political, organizing, electoral, or issue organization
- Proven ability to manage relationships and communicate regularly with elected officials and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of, and experience with North Carolina stakeholders, organizations, and elected officials is a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Access to transportation is required for this position
- Ideal candidate will have a commitment to equity, inclusivity, diversity, and progressive values
Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited