Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Research Director
To Apply: Send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Deputy Research Director”
About the position: The deputy research director will be a key member of the research team and the entire campaign, supporting the research director and helping to develop actionable research that advances our message. They will take the lead on several projects, both short- and medium-term, in addition to helping conduct both rapid response and long-term research strategies in collaboration with the research director.
- Conduct research using public records, news clips, campaign finance reports, travel records, disclosures, and research databases to create cohesive narratives for campaign earned and paid media.
- Develop rapid response documents on tight timelines with precision and attention to detail.
- Contribute to content approvals, vetting, opposition research, and other daily research tasks.
- Participate in fact checks and approvals on campaign materials.
- Collaborate with and support the communications, finance, digital, political, and consultant teams as necessary.
- Other duties as needed.
- Experience with standard democratic campaign or opposition research bullet writing and style.
- Can translate complex information into clear, concise research documents under tight deadlines.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Can identify creative and original research opportunities and then execute them.
- A self-starter who can proactively solve problems, communicate, and flag any problems.
- Experience with research for at least one campaign cycle, with multiple cycles of experience preferred.
Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.