Location: Raleigh, NC
Reports to: Deputy Political Director
About the Position:
Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is searching for a Political Associate to join our growing team. The Political Associate will work on a variety of short term and long term political projects and tasks to assist with maintaining vital relationships across the state and supporting the community outreach goals of the political department.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct research to find key information needed to engage with potential supporters, endorsers and community partners
- Engage with both confirmed and potential supporters, endorsers and partners to keep them informed of campaign updates and opportunities to engage with the campaign
- Assist the political department in some in person staffing events across the state
- Support the political department in building events, meetings and other public facing event opportunities.
- Draft briefing materials for events and meetings
- Receiving and organizing incoming request and inquiries for the political department
- Former experience with a campaign is preferred but not required
- Experience with organizing data and other information using Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline
- Access to transportation is required for this position
- A commitment to equity, inclusivity, diversity, and progressive values
Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Cheri Beasley for North Carolina will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited